By The Chicago Times Staff
May 21, 2023
WASHINGTON – The Department of Defense announced today additional security assistance to meet Ukraine’s security and defense needs. This authorization by the Biden administration marks the thirty-eighth drawdown of equipment from Department of Defense inventories for Ukraine since August 2021. The authorization includes additional ammunition for US provided HIMARS, artillery rounds, anti-armor capabilities, and critical enablers valued at up to $375 million that Ukraine is using on the battlefield in its struggle against Russian forces.
Ukraine will be receiving the following:
• Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
• 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
• Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
• Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
• Laser-guided rocket system munitions;
• Demolition munitions;
• Armored bridging systems;
• Armored medical treatment vehicles;
• Trucks and trailers to transport heavy equipment;
• Logistics support equipment;
• Thermal imagery systems;
• Spare parts and other field equipment.