By James R. Scott, The Chicago Times
January 14, 2023
CHICAGO – A teen has been charged in the carjacking and robbing of thirteen victims at gunpoint in a period of seven hours on Chicago’s South Side.
Chicago police said the 16-year-old suspect was identified as one of the suspects who carjacked and robbed multiple victims at gunpoint on August 20. The teen was arrested by the Chicago Police Department’s Vehicular Hijacking Task Force on Thursday in the 200 block of 69th Place.
The teen has been charged with 11 counts of aggravated vehicular hijacking with a firearm, four counts of armed robbery with a firearm, and one count of attempted aggravated vehicular hijacking with a firearm.
The teen’s crime spree took place in the following locations:
- A 33-year-old woman at 12:07 am in the 8000 block of South Campbell Avenue
- A 58-year-old man at 1:50 am in the 3400 block of West 72nd Street
- Two women, 21 and 22, at 2:44 am in the 2900 block of South Union Avenue
- A 50-year-old man at 3:25 am in the 6500 block of South Kedzie Avenue
- A 40-year-old man at 3:40 am in the 3700 block of West 82nd Street
- A 26-year-old man at 4:30 am in the 5600 block of South Albany Avenue
- A 45-year-old woman at 4:50 am in the 5700 block of South Richmond Street
- A 43-year-old woman at 5:30 am in the 8600 block of South Halsted Street
- A 31-year-old woman at 6:08 am in the 9500 block of South Peoria Street
- A 40-year-old woman at 6:12 am in the 8400 block of South Sangamon Street
- A 66-year-old woman at 6:20 am in the 6600 block of South Artesian Avenue
- A 33-year-old woman at 6:45 am in the 6700 block of South Washtenaw Avenue