Cooking with Anatole, The Chicago Times
May 29, 2021
Mon ami, this morning’s breakfast we enjoy the classic Ham & Cheese Omelette. Anatole hopes you are not alone for this one, no?
- Desired amount of butter
- 5 slices of your favorite ham cut as desired
- 2-3 eggs (white or brown)
- Dash of salt/pepper
- 1/4 -1/2 cup of Cheddar or American Cheese
- add desired spices
- Place skillet over medium flame and add desired amount of butter and melt evenly.
- Add ham and fry to desired taste.
- While ham is cooking, beat eggs with salt, pepper, and other desired spices.
- Add beaten eggs to skillet. Be sure to allow even coverage of mixture.
- Fry omelette until edges are firm and then sprinkle desired cheese evenly over the top.
- Fold omelette in half and be sure both sides are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve on plate with favorite sides.
Excellent, mon ami! The gooey melted cheese with the fried ham is perfect for Anatole’s taste. Bon appétit, adieu.