Cooking with Anatole, The Chicago Times
May 14, 2021
Today mon ami, we savor the taste from the botte d’Europe. One of mama’s favorites we enjoy the conforts of Baked Ziti.
Mon ami, let us prepare the ingrédients and as always choose only the best!
- 2 lb. Ziti
- 2 lb. low moisture Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 2 lb. Ricotta Cheese
- 10 cups of your favorite homemade tomato sauce (or Anatole’s special recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bring your favorite pasta pot of water to a roaring boil and add a pinch of salt and tsp. of olive oil.
- Add Ziti to boiling water and cook the recommended time or to taste and drain well.
- Return Ziti to pasta pot and add 4 tbsp. of olive oil and 4 cups of tomato sauce; mix well.
- Add 1 lb. of Ricotta Cheese to Ziti and mix well.
- Use appropriate size baking pan or pot that will hold Ziti and added ingredients.
- Coat bottom of pan or pot with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Evenly spread half the Ziti into your baking pan or pot.
- Evenly spread 2 cups of tomato sauce and a good layer of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Add remaining Ziti to pan or pot and repeat the process above.
- Then coat the top layer with Mozzarella Cheese along with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place pan in oven at 400 F for 15 min. Then reduce heat to 350 F degrees and bake for 20 min. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 to 15 min.
- Remember mon ami, you can add more desired ingrédients to your liking.
Excellente saveur, yet lourd dans l’estomac, no? No worry, Anatole always has room for more. Bon appétit, mon ami!
Categories: Cooking with Anatole