Cooking with Anatole, The Chicago Times
May 8, 2021
We mon ami, today we enjoy the lunch classique la Reuben Sandwich. This recette inspired by Chef Anatole’s travels in New York City.
Mon ami, let us prepare by gathering only the best of the following ingredients:
- 3 teaspoons of butter (beurre) or to your desire
- 2 slices of rye bread with caraway seed
- Desired amount of sauerkraut (drained)
- Swiss Cheese (choose only the best mon ami!)
- Desired amount of thinly cut Corned Beef Brisket
For the best results follow these directions:
- Spread butter (beurre) over each slice of carefully selected rye bread and place buttered side down in skillet.
- Add desired amount of sauerkraut to a slice of bread along with a slice of Swiss Cheese on each.
- Add desired amount of Corned Beef Brisket to one slice of bread.
- Press both pieces of bread and place skillet on medium heat until golden brown or to your desire.
- Flip and brown other side.
Incroyable, mon ami! Les souvenirs abondent! Anatole found the sandwich savoureux and brought back memories of jeunes jours in New York City. Bon appétit, Anatole dit au revoir.